- 171 Views
Summer Beauty Favourites
During the summer, I do like to tone down my makeup, keep it simple and light, depending on what I’m doing or how I’m feeling, but I’m a makeup addict, so I can’t possibly keep my makeup toned down all the way through summer.. So I’v found some amazing products, new and old, nearly all super affordable & easily available at your local drugstore, that are perfect for the summer depending on the look your wanting to achieve. ps ‘perfect’ is used a lot through this post.
Here are my favourite makeup products to use for either a natural summer look or an all out & bronze it up look.
– For a light, fresh look the new Rimmel #Insta Flawless is perfect. Personally, I prefer full coverage foundations, but I love a skin tint with a glow when I’m going more natural
– Maybelline’s Super Stay 24h is a foundation I’ve always loved, especially in the summer. Teamed with a setting powder this foundation lasts all day long and gives a high coverage
– To give you a subtle toned down look or a full on flawless look, the Collection Lasting Perfection is the one to go for. Ideal for days when your just not feeling foundation but you still want to cover a few blemishes.
– When your wanting a concealer to finish off your makeup look & last all day, the Maybelline 24h Concealer is the best
– Both the Younique Mineral Touch Pressed Powder and the Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder are musts for the summer. Both offer full coverage with minimal effort & keep your makeup in place all day. Perfect for those with a more oily skin type, especially in the summer.
– The new MUA Pixel Perfect Blush in Pink Blossom is foolproof when it comes to a achieving the perfect bronzed look. Since we’re all bronzed up, a natural pink tint is needed for the cheeks. It’s so beautiful & subtle.
– The Maybelline Studio Blush gives you a naturally blushed look, it’ll always be one of my faves.
– The Makeup Revolution Bronze, Shimmer & Highlight is faultless when it comes to adding that summer glow to your face with out too much shimmer. It looks natural and flawless.
– The Maybelline Bricks Bronzer Blondes is a nice mixture of mattes and shimmers so you can go all out and bronze yourself up while still being able to achieve a natural sun kissed look.
– As I mentioned in my Quick & Easy Contour post, The Maybelline Master Contour Duo Stick is simple, soft, natural looking & so easy to use for a no makeup, makeup look.
– The new Kate Sculpting Palette is ideal if your wanting to go in with the contouring & highlighting. It’s beautiful and powerful, with just the right amount of shimmer. Plus the blush is gorgeous.
– For a pretty pink, more toned down, perfect for summer look, I have 2 favourites: The Bourjois Smokey Eyes Trio in the colour Rose Vintage & the MUA Baked Trio in the colour Pink Sorbet. Both trios are so beautiful and natural and are both buildable for a full on smokey eye depending on what look your going for.
– For a summer bronzed look, nudes, golds & coppers are unquestionalable. One of my favourite quads is the Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad in the colour Sun Safari, it’s got the 4 perfect colours for summer
– The Rimmel Kate 42 is a beautiful nude that suits any natural summer makeup look. It’s soft, pretty & easily wearable
– Pinks are perfect for the summer, and easily worn with a natural look just to add a pop of colour. My fave pink shade right now has got to be the Collection Field Day lipstick in Fuchsia.
– I don’t really change up my mascara specifically for the summer. but if I had to choose one that would be perfect, I’d go for my all time favourite, Avon SuperShock Mascara (review here) You can achieve any look you want with this.
Ps. Can you tell what my favourite drugstore brands are? I need to explore more..
Let me know what your summer beauty favourites are in the comments
Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger - jessicajadebeauty.com