- 433 Views
How To Avoid Clumpy Mascara
Mascara is probably my favourite thing to do when I’m doing my makeup, no matter how satisfying I find applying the rest of my makeup, mascara literally finishes a look, which means our lashes need to look just as amazing as the rest of our makeup. & no one likes clumpy mascara do they? There’s a few things that help me to avoid my mascara clumping up even when I’m using quite a few different ones, so I thought it would be a nice idea to share how I avoid clumping my mascara to hopeful help you too!
- Before you apply any mascara, make sure your lashes are clean and separated, brush a spoolie or lash comb through your eyelashes to fan them out.
- Then curl your lashes holding the curlers on for about 5 – 10 seconds each time
- Now your ready to apply your mascara. It always helps to wipe away excess mascara from the wand on to a bit of tissue. Using a mascara that is still quite wet can cause your lashes to clump together straight away, so if your mascaras pretty new, apply really lightly, going through your lashes often with a spoolie to keep them separated. I love to use my SuperShock wand for this.
- Coating – This is where you find out what works for you and the mascara you are using.
Sometimes applying another coat while the mascara is still wet helps to keep the lashes separated and avoids mascara clumping, but sometimes its better to let each coat dry before trying to apply anymore. So have a go at adding another layer both ways and find out whats best.
- Mix up your mascara if you want to. I love to use a few different mascara’s because each does something different. Read what I use in my mascara cocktail here. If you apply each coat lightly you should be able to achieve length, volume & curl without them becoming clumpy or looking fake.
- Then, if you feel you need to, you can run a spoolie, lash comb, or in my case, the supershock wand through your lashes again to make sure all your lashes are looking beautiful!
Let me know if any of these quick tips helped you and if you’ve got any tips of your own!
Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger - jessicajadebeauty.com