- 130 Views
Tia’s Birthday | Chunky Peanut Butter Biscuits & Birthday Cake
As you probably saw, last month it was Bella’s birthday & I made her these special pupcakes, I mentioned at the end of that post that Tia’s birthday was coming up and I was planning on doing something a bit special because this year, she’s 11, still acting very much like a puppy though.
I was planning on buying both Bella and Tia cakes for their birthday’s because I’d found this amazing company, Buddy Boo Bakery, that specialises in doggy treats, but Laura, the owner, had gone away on Bella’s birthday, so instead, I got a cake for Tia’s birthday & had both their names put on it. All the dogs in the family absolutely devoured this cake, so it must have tasted good, plus Laura only uses premium grade ingredients that are good for your dog!
As well as spoiling them both with a cake, I also decided to bake Tia’s favourite chunky peanut butter biscuits and share the recipe:
This recipe made around 35 biscuits.
What you will need:
125g / 41/2 oz of normal or crunchy peanut butter
60ml / 2fl. oz of runny honey
240ml / 8fl. oz of skimmed milk
100g / 4 oz of oats
150g / 51/4 oz of wholegrain/wholemeal flour
150g / 51/4 oz of self raising flour
& 1 egg for the egg wash.
Here’s what to do:
– Before mixing your ingredients, preheat your oven to gas mark 3 / 160°C (140°Cfan) / 325F
– Line your trays with greaseproof/parchment paper, ready for your biscuits, I used 3 trays
– Beat your egg, ready for the egg wash.
– Start by mixing the peanut butter, honey and milk together, try to get out the big lumps of peanut butter.
– Then in a separate bowl, mix the oats & both flours together. Create a ‘dip’ in the middle for the peanut mixture to be poured in
– Pour the wet ingredients in slowly, bit by bit mixing all the ingredients together. Keep going until the ingredients have formed a dough, add more milk if needed.
– Roll out your dough on a floured board, to just under a cm thick as the biscuits puff out bit
– Cut out using your shaped cookie cutters
– Glaze lightly with egg wash.
– Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
– Leave to cool and then they’re ready for your dogs to enjoy!
Here’s a few photo’s of Tia (& Bella) enjoying her birthday & of course, unwrapping her presents (I am not crazy) enjoy!
p.s look at Tia smiling at her cake!
What’s your favourite dog recipe? Let me know if you’ll be having a go at this!
*Original recipe found in Biscuits for your Dog
Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger - jessicajadebeauty.com