- 95 Views
15 Things To Do To Get You In The Festive Mood
I’ve been in the festive mood since last Christmas, not even kidding, I’ve just had to contain it all. But I know not everyone is feeling it this year and it can take a while to get into the Christmas spirit. Well if that’s you, fear no more, I am here to share 10 things for you to do to get you in the festive mood.
Firstly, whenever you are doing any of these, you need to have Christmas music on, so make yourself a playlist now and play it, constantly.
1. If you haven’t already decorated for Christmas, you seriously need to now. There is nothing more Christmassy than getting your family together and arguing about who’s putting the star on top of the tree. Once the decorations are up I am sure you’ll start to feel a bit more festive.
2. Get some Quality Streets, Celebrations and all the chocolate you can buy and scatter them around the house to nibble at all the time.
3. While you’re grabbing your chocolate make sure you get the Christmas Radio Times or the What’s on TV and highlight everything you’re going to watch, or record since it’s 2016.
4. Get out the Christmas clothes, and if you don’t already own any, go buy some. Get yourself a couple of jumpers, jama’s and socks and live in them for the rest of the month. Why not go all out and get some Christmas bedding and blankets too? You can never have too much Christmas.
5. Head to the garden center and look at all of the Christmas decorations buy the most tacky thing you can find and give it pride of place in your home.
6. Paint your nails in the most festive way you can. Get all the glitter out and go crazy!
7. Spend one afternoon on the floor in your living room with all your Christmas presents, wrapping paper, ribbons and gift tags going crazy designing the most amazing wrapped gifts ever.
8. Bake gingerbread and fill your house with amazing scents. Then go crazy on pinterest and bake everything you can, then eat it all to yourself.
9. Watch Christmas films all the time, stick Xmas 24 on through the day then cosy down with your chocolates and baked goodies and watch the classics.
10. Spend time with family and friends, as much as you can, have fun. Play games, eat food and laugh.
11. If there’s children in the family (of not if you’re like me and don’t want to grow up) Do all the Christmas crafty things, this year I built a 3D wooden Santa & Sleigh. I will never grow up.
12. Do your Christmas Eve Christmas food shop in a tacky Christmas jumper singing to the Christmas music as you’re walking around Tesco.
13. Get the family round and play all the classic board games while sharing the chocolates, if you haven’t already eaten them all.
14. Buy a christmas scented spray, either for yourself, or your home. I have both of course, the Hollister Christmas scent smells incredible and the Febreze Apple Christmas Edition is seriously addictive. Make sure you’ve got the Christmas candles on the go too.
15. Go see a nativity. I remember when I was younger, nativity literally made Christmas, Christmas and they are just so fun. So if you’ve got a little one in the family, find out the date and make sure to go!
Don’t forget to make sure to put Christmas music on all the time and hopefully, after doing everything on this list, you’ll be feeling a little more festive.
Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger - jessicajadebeauty.com