- 2171 Views
Blogger Recognition Award & Mystery Blogger Award #3
Recently I got nominated for a few awards so I thought I’d stick them all in a post together like I have done with a couple in the past, if you’d like to read them you can find them here & here. I actually really enjoy doing awards or tags, I think it’s a great way to share things about myself for you all to get to know me a bit more, plus, it’s fun. The only part I don’t like doing is the nominating bit because I always feel like the people I nominate don’t want me too haha, but I’m going to anyway, so here goes.
Mystery Blogger Award
The other week the lovely Jessica from Jessica MacLafferty nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award, and then Kanza from Faded Rouge also nominated me! So a massive thank you to the both of you! Oh and this amazing award was created by the lovely Okoto from Okoto Enigma.
Put the award logo/image on your blog and list the rules
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
You have to nominate 10 – 20 people (oops)
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Facts about me.
I’ve done this one quite a few times and I always say the same thing so I’ll try think of something different.
1. I am basically a 80 year old in a 21 year old body. I spent so much time with my grandma when I was younger that I basically turned into her haha. I love all the same things she does. I colour, paint, cross stitch, craft, watch things like Downton Abbey, and I love it.
2. I am a Taurus, and everything it says about me is pretty much true. I am extremely stubborn, but I don’t see it as a bad thing, I see it as determination, most of the time anyway.
3. I can’t concentrate without the TV on, I usually mute it when I really need to focus, but I just feel really weird if the tele isn’t on haha.
Questions from Jessica
1 What is your favourite makeup product to buy? Mascara of course, although I really enjoy trying out new foundation too.
2 What’s your BIGGEST pet peeve? Heavy breathing, it drives me insane! Or crumbs on the kitchen side.
3 Biggest beauty embarrassment? Oh god, that’s a good question. It’s probably way back in year 7 when I wore glitter eyeshadow every single day.
4 What is your weirdest hobby/talent ? I don’t have any I don’t think haha.
5 What is your secret wish? That I had enough money to be able to open my rescue, I wouldn’t say it was secret though but I’m useless and cannot think of anything else haha.
Questions from Kanza
1 Winter or Summer? I always change my mind but currently Summer, I miss the warm weather so much!
2 Hot chocolate or tea? Hot chocolate definitely because I don’t really drink tea unless I’ve got some biscuits.
3 Earphones or headphones? Headphones, way comfier than earphones.
4 3 things you would take to a deserted island. (A person does not count!) I always struggle with this question! Can I take my dog? If not, a knife, a bowl and a blanket, haha omg.
5 Short or long hair? Well I have short hair, but I wish I had long hair.
Here are my 5 questions for you.
1. What’s you favourite thing to do, ever?
2. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
3. What’s your favourite TV programme?
4. What’s your favourite guilty meal?
5. Tell me something random about you.
Blogger Recognition Award
At the end of last month the beautiful Jackie from Makeup And Beyond nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award which I’ve never actually be nominated for so I was so happy to receive this, so thank you Jackie!
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
– Write a post to show your award.
– Give a brief story of how your blog started.
– Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
– Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to. (oops again)
– Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Why I Started jessicajadebeauty.com
Without going on forever, I started jessicajadebeauty for loads of reasons. I’d been reading blogs for quite a while before I started and always used to think ‘I wish I could do that’ never ever thinking I might be able to. I started to realise maybe I could, so I started looking more into it. I saw how beautiful the blogging community was and I wanted to be a part of that, I wanted to share my opinion on the mascara that everyone was talking about too. I wanted to share what I loved too and give the advice that I found useful. I’ve learnt so much since starting jessicajadebeauty, I’ve loved every bit of it.
My advice to new bloggers
The first thing I’d tell anyone just starting out is don’t expect it all to come at once. Blogging takes some serious hard work before you feel like you’re getting anything out of it. But don’t give up, you’ll get there and you should enjoy it right from the beginning. Just write what you want, enjoy it, it will come.
My second bit of advice would be to really put effort into your photos, just as much as your writing. I’ve learnt that the main thing to pull a reader into your blog is the images and it really does make a difference. You don’t have to style them like everyone else though, you do your thing, but make them this best quality that you can.
I’m just going to nominate 5 beautiful bloggers to do any, or all of these if they wish. But no need to worry if you’d rather not, but I love all your blogs and think each of you are seriously deserving.
Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger - jessicajadebeauty.com