- 164 Views
Awards & Tags #4
Over the last couple of months I’ve been nominated by some beautiful bloggers to join in on some awards and tags and I’m a bit late with a few like usual, but I’m quite happy to put them all in one post anyway. I love doing tags and awards, they’re an amazing way to get to know other bloggers and share a few things to let you all get to know me a bit better too, it’s a rambly one, I’m sorry but I hope you do all get to know me a little better.
Blogger Recognition Award
To kick it off, I was nominated by Mollie from MollieWill for the Blogger Recognition Award, thank you so much Mollie! Here’s Mollies post if you want to give it a read
Here are the rules;
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Write a post showing the award
Give a brief story of how your blog started
Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
Select 15 other bloggers to pass the award to
Comment on each blog with a link to the post and let them know you nominated them
How my blog started..
Jessica Jade Beauty started quite randomly actually, I’d been reading blogs for like, ever and always wanted to start my own, never thought it would be possible though but one morning I decided to just do it, I opened my laptop, signed up to WordPress and here we are a year and half later. I am bloody loving it.
My advice to new bloggers..
1. Always do what you want to do, don’t feel like you’ll be judged because the blogging community is extremely supportive.
2. If you want to get your blog out there a little then interact with everyone, join in on Facebook groups & Twitter chats, leave comments on blog posts you enjoy and Instagram photo’s you like, it’s the best way to connect with other bloggers and get your blog seen as well as make some amazing friends.
I’ll leave everyone who I’m nominating at the end of this post like I usually do, thank you again to Mollie for nominating me!
This Time, Next Time Tag
I was then nominated by the beautiful Jackie from Makeup & Beyond for the This Time, Next Time Tag so a huge thank you to Jackie! I’ve never even seen this tag before so I was quite excited to give this one a go. Here’s Jackie’s post if you want to give it a read.
So, here’s the rules
Thank the person who tagged you
Set yourself goals for the next year
Write how you’re going to achieve these goals
Tag at least 5 of your blogger friends to do this tag
Then, in 365 days write a post reflecting on your goals and what you achieved!
Here are my 5 goals for next year
1. Eat healthier and be fitter. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried this and failed but I’m quite a determined person so if I really put my mind to it, I hope I’ll be able to do it.
2. Reach a milestone on Twitter. I’m getting a bit better at Twitter, but in all honesty I’m still a bit rubbish at keeping it up, I’d love to make it to 1000 followers though.
3. Be happier – I’m pretty happy now tbh, but I’d love to look back and feel even happier with everything in my life next year. I’m going to start doing way more of the things that I love and try and put myself first more.
4. Complete at least 40 of the things on my 101 in 1001
5. Remember to write a post reflecting on my goals in a years time.
Jackie from Makeup&Beyond also nominated me for the Liebster award, so again, thank you Jackie, you’re a babe.
Here’s the rules
Post 11 facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked
Nominate 11 other bloggers
Ask them 11 questions
Let them know they’ve been nominated
11 facts about me.
1. I’m a morning person, I hate waking up late or I feel like I’ve wasted the day and I’m usually ready to crawl into bed at 9pm
2. I’m too sentimental, I have 3 massive memory boxes stuffed under my bed because I can’t part with anything that holds a memory.
3. I’m a Taurus and everything it says about a Taurus is pretty much true.
4. I hardly ever drink, I love a cold Smirnoff Ice now and then but the last time I actually got drunk was nearly 3 years ago.
5. I have 10 tattoos
6. I used to dye my hair a different colour every month until I finally settled on blonde
7. I have to read every night before bed or it takes me ages to fall asleep
8. I am obsessed with anything old fashioned
9. I am also obsessed with anything animal related
10. My eyes changed colour, most of the time they’re a dark green but sometimes they look blue or grey
11. I studied beauty at college and loved every second of it.
Questions from Jackie
1. What are your aspirations for your blog? At first, I didn’t really have any aspirations, now though, since I have so many plans and idea’s I’d love to have it as part of my business ideas and who knows what else! It gets me so excited just thinking about it all.
2. Who were your inspirations when you first started your blog? The first blog I ever found was Thirteen Thoughts so Paula was definitely my first inspiration, but also every other blogger whose blog I’ve read, honestly, I find everyone so inspiring.
3. Do you think they’ll ever come a time where you would stop blogging? Definitely not, I’m loving it way more than I ever thought.
4. How do those closest to you feel about your blogging? Not many people know about it except close family haha, but they are all really encouraging
5. What are your thoughts on online dating? i.e. tinder. I’ve never online dated haha, I don’t really know but I do love hearing either the love stories or the funny ones.
6. What is the best trait when looking for a partner? or if you’re in a relationship, what was the trait you looked for then? I think the most attractive thing about a man is being gentlemanly, there’s nothing sweeter.
7. If a genie granted you 3 wishes right now, what would they be and why? Okay, first it would be money, but not in a selfish way at all, far from it. I eventually want to open my own dog rescue/rehab centre and a wish would mean I could do it right now. Hmm, second, I’d ask for my animals to live as long as me, is that sad? and third, I’d ask for world peace, yeah I know, beauty pageant right? But with everything going on right now, we bloody need it don’t we?
8. What do you think about when you’re by yourself? I have no idea haha, alsorts. Usually what on earth am I going to cook for tea today.
9. How do you plan a blog? First I brainstorm, then when I’ve got my idea I’ll do a draft, take my photo’s and then write, I usually go back to it two or three times before I hit publish. I’ve even got a post here in a bit more detail.
10. Tea or Coffee? Neither, I don’t drink hot drinks except the occasional hot chocolate.
11. Do you believe that a leopard can change it spots? Do you believe a person can change? Honestly, it depends, but yeah I suppose.
Here are my 11 questions for you:
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. What’s your favourite TV series?
3. What makeup product do you use every day?
4. Who’s your biggest inspiration?
5. What’s the best thing you’ve done this year?
6. What do you do in your spare time?
7. Whats your favourite book?
8. What’s your favourite thing to do to pamper yourself?
9. Who are your favourite bloggers?
10. What camera do you use for your blog photos?
11. Now, tell me something random about yourself.
Now down to the nominations.
Since I’ve done a couple of tags and awards all in one post you can choose to do either one of them or all of them, you don’t even have to do any but I’d love it if you did and then left me a nice comment letting me know so I can go and give it a read! I’ve decided to nominate 10 bloggers altogether who I think are all deserving of these awards!
1. Life With Lucy
2. Chanelle Hayley
3. Ella May Garrett
4. Simple Serenity
5. AYR Galaxy
6. Molly A La Mode
7. Sophie In Wonderland xo
8. Queen Of The Girl Geeks
9. Emily Clare Beauty
10. Riya Hearts
Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger - jessicajadebeauty.com